Thursday, June 4, 2009

Texting 1,2,3.

Dear creator of texting.. I have a bone to pick with you.

Texting has made daily communication easy, a simple request quick and fast, and a casual hello endless. I feel that because of this invention I have lost my proper phone etiquette and I use poor texting etiquette. I was reminded today when I was out with a friend, texting is rude. Its not rude to say excuse me its just a quick convo to figure something out, its rude to have a continuous texting conversation throughout the evening when you are with a real person. If the conversation is that important, pick up the phone and call them and figure it out quicker. Or politely excuse yourself to the textee and say I'm out with a friend can I text you later? There's no doubt that the person would not be offended by that. So why don't we do it? I'll be honest I'm victim to this, I've had long drawn out unnecessary conversations over text in front of a group of friends. I've even done it when I'm one on one with someone. The point comes to this, if you text when you are with someone think to yourself, would I be talking to this person right now if they called me? If the answer is no, put the phone down and talk to the person right in front of you. Cuz you know its time that I stop getting mad at myself and my friends for doing something so easily fixable.

So please texter creator don't be upset with me, just understand that I'm sick of being mad at people for table texting, sexting, or surfing the Internet when I'm not interesting enough to talk to.

Love Stina.

No comments:

Post a Comment